Resource The First International Polar Year: 1881-1884
- 19th century
- Arctic regions
- Earth and atmospheric sciences
- Alternative Names
- 20225 (WHSO Record Number)
- Access: Free
- Format: Data tables
- Format: Images
- Functionality: Static pages
- Nature of resource: Bibliographic website
- Nature of resource: Data set
- Nature of resource: Data set are primary source material
- Nature of resource: Thematic or subject-based collection
- Size: Small
- Support: Government
- Website navigation: Click through
"The records of the first International Polar Year (IPY) offer a unique opportunity to study the Arctic as it existed prior to the present era of environmental change.
Meteorological data from IPY stations have been collected and are presented here for the first time in digital format. An extensive documentary image collection may also be viewed."
[Description taken from site.]
There is also a short bibliography of primary source materials.
WHSO Record Created By: Margaret Gaida