Resource Classics in the History of Psychology (1997 - )
Christopher D. Green
- Primary literature (historical sources)
- Psychology; comparative psychology
- Alternative Names
- 10254 (WHSO Record Number)
- Access: Free
- Format: Text
- Functionality: Static pages
- Nature of resource: Full-text access to primary sources
- Nature of resource: Independent online scholarship
- Nature of resource: Thematic or subject-based collection
- Size: Medium
- Support: University
- Website navigation: Click through
- Website navigation: Scroll through
"Classics in the History of Psychology is an effort to make the full texts of a large number of historically significant public domain documents from the scholarly literature of psychology and allied disciplines available on the World Wide Web. There are now over 25 books and about 200 articles and chapters on-line. The site also contains links to over 200 relevant works posted at other sites.
The target audience is researchers, teachers, and students of the history of psychology, both for use in their courses on the history of psychology, and for the purposes of primary academic research. To assist undergraduate teaching, in particular, original introductory articles and commentaries, written by some of the leading historians of psychology in North America, have been attached to a number of the most important works.
Note: No further documents are being added to the site."
(Description taken from site.)
Items are indexed by author and topic, and the site has a built in search engine. There are also sections called CHP Special Collections, Related Documents at Other Sites, and Primary Source Reading Suggestions for History of Psychology Courses.
WHSO Record Created By: Amy Rodgers