Resource Navigational Aids for the History of Science, Technology, and the Environment
- History of science and general works
- Libraries and archives
- Alternative Names
- 20246 (WHSO Record Number)
- Access: Free
- Format: Images
- Format: Text
- Functionality: Static pages
- Nature of resource: Archival finding aid
- Nature of resource: Full-text access to primary sources
- Nature of resource: Multiple subject collection of resources
- Nature of resource: Research guide
- Nature of resource: Research guide to collection
- Size: Medium
- Support: Library
- Support: University
- Website navigation: Click through
- Website navigation: Search box
Primarily providing extensive archival finding aids for collections at the University of Edinburgh, the University of Glasgow, and Heriot-Watt University, this site has also usefully linked and indexed its entries.
N.B.: "NAHSTE has scanned around 100 images and extracted a number of soundclips from its collections.
The images function as exemplars of individual items within the collections and are a mixture of those which may be visually appealing and those with informational value. The latter may provide a glimpse of the physical makeup of material reseachers may encounter but should not be regarded as a representative sample.
The soundclips are drawn from CD ROMs which are part of the Records of the Science Studies Oral History Project, one of the Edinburgh collections. [Description taken from site]
WHSO Record Created By: Margaret Gaida