Resource The Ticottet Collection (2010 - )
- Collected correspondence
- Collectors and collecting
- Natural history
- Alternative Names
- 10239 (WHSO Record Number)
- Access: Free
- Format: Images
- Format: Text
- Functionality: Static pages
- Nature of resource: Bibliographic website
- Nature of resource: Full-text access to primary sources
- Nature of resource: Independent online scholarship
- Nature of resource: Reference work
- Nature of resource: Thematic or subject-based collection
- Size: Small
- Support: Individual
- Website navigation: Click through
- Website navigation: Scroll through
"The main mission of the privately funded Tricottet Collection is the preservation of historic natural history items. By this term, we refer to objects relating to the field of natural history, which are associated with individuals, institutions or events in history.
The purpose of the Tricottet Collection is threefold:
- To PRESERVE and CATALOG historic natural history specimens, especially minerals, fossils, shells and meteorites.
- To PRESERVE and ARCHIVE original documents relating to natural history collecting.
- To RESEARCH and EDUCATE on the subject of natural history collecting through history."
(Description taken from site.)
The Library of Natural History and Library of Meteoritics sections contain bibliographic records of relevant primary and secondary sources. The in-progress Manuscript & Correspondence Archive offers scans and transcriptions of primary documents covering paleontology, zoology, and meteoritics.
WHSO Record Created By: Amy Rodgers